The Lakes Single Malt Whisky Experience
Indulge your love for whisky with a deep dive into the dance between science and art, control and creativity.
Wednesday - Sunday
Adults (18+) £50pp
Home of the 'World's Best Single Malt Whisky' 2022
Immerse yourself in the sights, sounds and smells of our working distillery, following the spirit’s journey to discover how every flavour possibility is achieved.
Enjoy a multi-sensory journey through our working distillery before a guided tasting of the finest Lakes single malt.
Discover what it means to be a design-led whiskymaker and see first-hand how, though respecting the traditions of whisky's rich heritage, we refuse to be bound by them in pursuit of flavour creation.
Open to new worlds of inspiration, you will receive a unique insight into the creation flavour at every stage of the spirit's journey. From distillation to maturation and the art of blending, you will explore how the art of élevage and the alchemy of perfumers influences our philosophy.
After uncovering the secrets to our whiskymaking, you will visit to The Whiskymaker’s House to taste our internationally award-winning whiskies. Guided through five samples, this is your chance to nose our new make spirit, and savour a selection of the finest Lakes Single Malt Whiskies.
|Explore||You'll receive a unique insight into flavour creation at every stage of the spirit's journey and what it means to be a design-led whiskymaker.|
|Taste||You'll be guided through five samples, with a chance to nose our new make spirit, and savour a selection of The Lakes Single Malt Whiskies.|
|Discover||Tickets include a complimentary voucher to save up to £10 in-store. Extend your stay by joining us for lunch or afternoon tea. Book a table in the Bistro.|
- We highly recommend booking tours and tables at minimum 24hrs in advance.
- Walk-in visits are welcome, subject to availability.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before your tour with your order confirmation.
- Young people under the age of 18 are not permitted on the Single Malt Experience.
- If you have babies and children under 10, they are welcome in the Bistro and to visit the Alpacaly Ever After herd who live on the distillery site. There is a Meet & Greet experience at 2.30 Fri-Mon (please check the Alpacaly website for details).
- The site is wheelchair friendly, please contact us to discuss your mobility requirements.
- Dogs on leads are allowed in the courtyard, garden and shop. Guide dogs are permitted on tours.
How to find us
From the A66: Turn off A66 at the north end of Bassenthwaite Lake onto B5291. At Ouse Bridge junction bear left (don't go over the bridge). Distillery is on the right after a few hundred metres.
From the A591: use the turning directly next to the Castle Inn onto the B5291. Carry on past Armathwaite Hall. Bear right after crossing the Ouse Bridge and the Distillery is on the right after a few hundred metres.
Google Maps: Type in 'Lakes Distillery, Setmurthy' and it will take you straight to the door.
"A must visit. Lovely small distillery that is fighting its way into a challenging market and producing great whisky from the Lake District."
"A whisky lover's paradise. Absolutely brilliant distillery tour and can highly recommend paying a bit more for one of the tasting options."
Best attraction in the North Lakes, if not all of the Lakes. Excellent tour of the distillery, superbly presented. The best day out of our holiday, will definitely visit again.
Tripadvisor, Dec 2022
Tripadvisor, Feb 2023
Tripadvisor, Jan 2023
1 of 3